Thursday, February 14, 2008

Customs/Border Services is a joke

I need to send a piece of equipment to the US for fixing. I just past my fourth hour of trying to figure out the frigging documentation needed to get it there. Customs Services, my cat's butt. There are no services there, just people with nice uniforms to match their stunned looks when you ask them a question. What, am I speaking a foreign language? Last time I looked English was a language used in Canada. Why the stunned look?

Free Trade - my mother's fanny. The paperwork is stupid... the charges ridiculous and the service is virtually non-existent.

You know what its all about, don't you? It is all about the shipper who are also brokers. Brokerage is a licence to print money and legal extortion. If they opened up the border for the free movement of goods, especially stuff that is coming back after being fixed, the brokers would be the losers. And we can't have that, now can we?

The custom documents should read:

Who's sending it?
Who's getting it?
What is it?
Where did it originate?
What is it worth?
Is it a one way transit or is it being returned?

With that information of precious Customs Services people can either stamp it cleared or open it up to check for smuggled fruit.

No comments: