Sunday, December 16, 2007

What to do about the Mulroney misunderstanding

First let me say that I was disappointed, but not surprised. with Brian's performance this week at the Ethics Committee. He could have simply stated that he did a stupid thing in accepting the cash payments, apologized for being so stupid and then stated, correctly, that this is a personal issue between Schrieber and himself.

After all the police have looked into this thing and found that nothing illegal has taken place... and they are probably correct.

But what did Brian do? He slighted every person he could think of, told the committee that they were sold a basket of dog crap by Schrieber and accused Schrieber of everything from lying to having weapons of mass destruction.

Mulroney's appearance before the committee took four hours, in which he lectured rather than answering questions. He could have done it all in 10 seconds by saying," I was wrong, I apologize and I am taking Schrieber to court to clear my name." Then, if the committee asked any more questions, he would then answer with, "I cannot comment on the issue as it is now before the courts!"

Hey... it works all the time for politicians.

No comments: