Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I want to help!!!

Got another one of those email messages today.  I get two to five thousand of them every GD week!

Amhed Nazir is from Abijan.  His mom died when he was four and he was raised by his dad who, for some odd reasons, was raised out of poverty to become a "highly respectable cocoa merchant".

Amhed's dad was murdered recently by persons unknown and left behind a secret bank account containing $10.5 million US and Amhed needs help to get the cash out of the country.  He is willing to give me a cool two million dollars to help.

Now Abijan is the capital of Cote d"Ivoire in western Africa.  The population of the country is about 3.2 million and the average income is $710 per year.  That makes Amhed's stash equivalent to 4500 times the average income.

I know that this and the other 500 billion emails from other Amhed's are scams but every so often I feel like going to Zaire or South Africa or wherever these scams originate and smacking the Amhed's of the world up side the head and scream, "Piss off".

I feel better now.

No comments: