Friday, November 30, 2007

A note to Peter MacKay

Minister of Defence Peter MacKay told an audience of transportation security experts in Ottawa this week, "The greatest threat to North America right now is on the water."

I agree with Minister MacKay.

I argued last year in an article I wrote for a local newspaper that "the greatest threat to Canada will not be a 'rogue-nation missile'. It will be a device hidden in a shipping container or somebody carrying a briefcase filled with nuclear explosives."

So, Mr. MacKay, let me ask you the same question I posed in the article: "If the threat is terrestrial , why invest in the American Star Wars missile defence project?"

I will await his answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear. The government does not appear to know that you need to walk the walk and talk the talk... not just make it up on the fly.

Keep up the good blog.