Monday, November 26, 2007

Fixing the First Nations

Patrick Brazeau, National Chief of the Congress of Aboriginal People, asks in his blog (http://brazman.blogspot.com) for readers to complete four statements. I completed them on his blog and these are my answers:

If I were the PM, I would negotiate with Aboriginals leaders to reduce the number of native communities, abolish the Indian Act and then close down Indian Affairs and redirect that money.

If I were the Indian Affairs Minister, I would carry out the directives stated above and then resign.

If I were the Premier of Ontario, I would demand that the AFN or CAP enter the negotiations with Mohawks in Southern Ontario to settle the issues.

If I were an Aboriginal Leader, I would demand that all Leaders implement an education, health and employment program for their community. And if they were unwilling or unable... then step aside and let someone else do it.

Seems straight forward enough.

No comments: