Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ice Cream for me

I decided to take the National Ice Cream Company to court to force them to make dog food flavoured ice cream. Being a Canadian senior on a fixed income, I have grown fond of dog food.

I have the Ice Cream lobby supporting me in this suit because, I suppose, it will make the lobbyists more money. I also have the CARP folks in my corner because, while dog food ice cream is not a popular flavour, they want more choices for their members.

Everything was going swimmingly until yesterday when I made a bit of a mistake. I demanded in my suit that, if the company did not produce dog food ice cream, they would have to cease production of all ice cream. That was when the wheels fell off my campaign. The lobbyists would lose their clients and CARP members would lose 50% of their calories. All of a sudden I was alone in my suit and shunned by my fellow CARP members.

Does this sound like a strange scenario? Compare it to what is happening with the Women's Ski Jumping lobby and the 2010 Olympic games.

No comments: