Friday, May 8, 2009

Back from Vancouver

I spent a few days hanging with the boys and girls of the people's political party in downtown Vancouver last week.  The speeches were great, the atmosphere was electric and the information exchange was the best I have experience at one of these get-togethers for a long time.

I have been traveling all across the world for more years than my family wants to remember and there was something I witnessed in Vancouver that is rare to be seen in any other country..  As I walked across Canada Square I spotted two former Prime Ministers having a chat - all by themselves - no guards or cops.  People approached them frequently to shake their hands and to say hello.  Try doing that to Obama or Bush or Putin and you get your butt handed to you in a baggie by the Secret Service.

Don't you just love Canada?



No comments: